asus rog strix xg17ahpe tripod

0 0

But the stand was still a pain in the butt. I’m used to gaming on a 17.3-inch 144 Hz screen, so I didn’t notice a grand improvement in quality when  graduating to a 17.3-inch 240 Hz display. But that innovation comes at a $500 price tag that leaves us wondering if you’re better off just buying one of the best gaming monitors instead.

Asus claims that the ROG Strix XG17AHPE covers 100% of the sRGB color space, but our review unit actually surpassed that slightly. Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, When I used the XG17AHPE at 50% brightness at this refresh rate, the portable monitor lasted about 4.5 hours. But if you’re moving from a standard 60 Hz screen, your experience may differ. Whether your laptop’s screen just doesn't give you enough space or you’re looking for something to connect to a smartphone or tablet, having an extra screen can instantly boost your productivity. The ROG Strix XG17AHP is a 17.3-inch 240Hz flicker-free panel, with 300 nits brightness, full … To maximize the screen’s potential, I’d need a more-powerful GPU that can push out 240 fps with this game. Still, 285.6 nits is plenty and still brighter than the next runner up by 117.2 nits, as well as the average of the comparison group by 81.6 nits. Credit is due to Asus’ use of IPS, a panel tech known for strong viewing angles. The Asus ROG Strix XG17AHPE's on-screen display (OSD) is surprisingly navigable for a portable monitor settings menu. The Asus ROG Strix XG17AHPE is an amazing portable monitor for gamers with the need for it. What was the minimum brightness? The Lenovo fell behind the XG17AHPE by 11.5%. At 100% brightness and without using the speakers, it lasted about 3 hours and 30 minutes. If you need a gaming monitor that can move with you while delivering very high refresh rates, the Asus ROG Strix XG17AHPE is a premium option, but it’s also the only option we know of. You can also plug a pair of cans into the display’s 3.5mm headphone jack, which uses an integrated ESS ES9118 digital-to-analogue (DAC) converter. And with great viewing angles, it’s also a great second screen for work. At $500, then, the XG17AHPE isn’t for gamers seeking an inexpensive way to add a 240 Hz display to their setup. Today's best Asus ROG Strix XG17AHPE deals. Tom's Hardware is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Unfortunately, with New York City in lockdown we couldn’t use our lag tester on the Asus ROG Strix XG17AHPE; however, I put it through its Overwatch paces, paired to a gaming laptop running an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 mobile GPU. ASUS ROG Strix XG17AHP 17.3” Portable Gaming Monitor, 1080P Full HD, IPS, 240Hz (Supports 144Hz), Adaptive-Sync, Eye Care, Micro-HDMI USB-C, ROG Tripod, Carrying Bag, 3 Hour Battery Life As I played Overwatch for a few hours, I didn’t notice any input delay with the monitor with the game set to run at 1920 x 1080 at 240 Hz, but with a GTX 1060 GPU, I was only able to hit a frame rate of about 63-85 fps. I used the monitor’s out-of-the box settings, so overdrive was set to Level 3. Different shades of dark green topiaries and a yellow sunflower were apparent in shadowed corners. It does work natively with my iPad Pro direct from the USB-C port. Because the speakers on my laptop are particularly bad, the Asus ROG Strix XG17AHPE's speakers were actually an upgrade when I played Overwatch. The Asus ROG Strix XG17AHPE is just that, bringing a pro-level 240 Hz refresh rate to a portable screen for the first time. With speedy specs, there’s no doubt that the Asus ROG Strix XG17AHPE is for gamers, but with portable monitors offering little space to work with, gamer aesthetics are only embodied by a pair of watchful eyes that are the Asus ROG logo. But $500 is a steep price to pay for a portable monitor considering that some of the best full-sized PC gaming monitors are available for less. Please refresh the page and try again. Thank you for signing up to Tom's Hardware. I was considering picking one of these up, but unfortunately while everyone will be looking at that high 240Hz refresh rate for gaming, my problem is that it doesn't seem to support a low enough refresh rate. Contrary to popular belief a frame rate of much higher than 30 to 40 fps is not detectable by the human eye. Asus Includes Tripod Stand With New Portable Gaming Monitor. With brightness maxed out, but rarely using the speakers, the Asus ROG Strix XG17AHPE lasted 3 hours.

These portable "gaming" monitors seem to come in laptop display panel sizes, making them pointless in my opinion.

Portable monitors are just too delicate and, in the XG17AHPE’s case, expensive to bet it all on thin, bendy stand-sleeves. ASUS USB Type-C Monitor XG17AHPE 3-1 3.1 OSD (On-Screen Display) menu 3.1.1 How to reconfigure OD Gaming GamePlus Adaptive-Sync/FreeSync Input Select GameVisual System Setup Shadow Boost MyFavorite Color Image Power Auto Rotation Type-C DP 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz Racing Mode 82% ROG Strix … We wish more monitors would employ a reliable and sturdy kickstand like Lenovo does with the ThinkVision M14, which has not one, but two built-in stands. Other menu sections include Power, Input Select (HDMI or USB Type-C), My Favorite, for shortcuts and customized settings and System Setup, with standards like language, volume, key lock, OSD setup and reset. When I boosted brightness up to 100%, that reflection was barely noticeable. Looking around online, I also found a 27-inch LG 240 Hz monitor for pre-order at $279 and a 240 Hz Acer 25-inch available now for $300. Still, images on the ROG Strix XG17AHPE appeared smooth, even during Sigma’s most intense and fastest moments of battles or when enemies filled the screen. I’m not usually a fan of massive branding, but when the logo looks this good and gives out a vibe this creepy, I can’t help but appreciate it. With black the dominating color, the overall look here is pretty mute, but Asus found subtle ways to include premium touches. Even when I was facing a sunny window, the screen was bright enough for productivity use at 50% max brightness, and games were playable at this setting, albeit more dull. Get instant access to breaking news, in-depth reviews and helpful tips.

What I want to see is more folding monitor laptops using thin oled technology so you can have a multimonitor setup on the go. This opens up possibilities in the world of Raspberry Pi, gaming consoles and even cameras. BA1 1UA. The origami stand does allow for different levels of back tilt, but I sometimes wished I could get the monitor closer to 90 degrees to better line it up with a connected laptop. The panel’s left side holds all the ports and controls. The ROG Strix XG17AHPE proved pleasantly bright in our testing but fell short of Asus’ 300-nit max brightness claim. And the ROG Strix XG17AHPE's port selection brings valuable versatility, including console gaming, connecting to a Raspberry Pi and getting power and data from one cable.

If my table started shaking due to aggressive typing, I’d notice the XG17AHPE wobbling too. Some of the USB screens I have found do have VESA mounts but I like this small tripod with a camera-like mount.

Every time I'm asked what video card should I buy so I can get higher frame rates, I have to give my student a quick biology lesson. Having a portable monitor is a lifesaver. Controls come in the form of a power button located higher than the rest of the inputs and lights up when on or charging, plus three additional buttons. Ocean waves in the distance moved smoothly without stuttering. Receive news and offers from our other brands? Colors on the movie Mission: Impossible Fallout were also strong, from green poplars that looked exuberant and vivid as Ethan and Ilsa walked past them, to differing shades of gold and rust in a club scene. All rights reserved. During battle, I could make out the differences in sound effects from various weapons and still clearly hear characters' voices and even that of my teammate, who wished something bad would happen to me in real life (I hope you live a long life, pal!). While even the best graphics cards for gamers can’t always push AAA titles at a frame rate of 240 frames per second (fps) and high settings, eSports games look extra smooth at 240 fps with low latency and the elimination of disastrous distractions, like ghosting. © Ethan and Ilsa’s whisperings were hard to make out, but gunshots were booming, and I could even follow the echo of Luther’s pained voice traveling down a tunnel. As bad as this thing is as a stand, it’s even worse as a protective case. ASUS today introduced the ROG Strix XG17AHP, a variant of the. What if it had a fun side too? If you use HDMI, it’ll either run on battery (see the Battery Life section) or you could simultaneously give the monitor power through a USB-C cable. Receive mail from us on behalf of our trusted partners or sponsors? England and Wales company registration number 2008885. We did our testing with out-of-the box image settings, so the Asus ROG Strix XG17AHPE was in Racing Mode with contrast set to 80 and the blue light filter and Shadow Boost off. Therefore, this monitor’s best audience is those who need a monitor they can easily pick up. It felt a little more intuitive to fold than the one found on the Optix MAG161V, and the Asus has a magnetic hard bit that secures under the bottom bezel for added stability.

There is an error with the stats image: the M14 is closer to 250 in brightness than 170. That said, you can’t get this level of color saturation from Lenovo’s monitor.

The monitor will eventually be available as a different SKU (XG17AHP) with a tripod stand, (plus the same sleeve and a bag), but that ups the monitor’s price to $600. Pressing the menu button on the side brings up icons on the display that align with the corresponding buttons for activating. While the specs for these monitors may be impressive they are unnecessary. If your computer's USB-C port can charge other devices, you can even use the ROG Strix XG17AHPE without ever having to worry about it running out of battery.

But what if that lightweight screen wasn’t all business? Since this monitor’s meant for traveling, we expected Asus to provide a sleeve that covered all bases without easily sliding off. If I were to buy one for gaming, I'd want something that is visibly larger then my laptop's built in display - 20 or 22". I noticed you guys used to include that in your monitor reviews... We check over 130 million products every day for the best prices, View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX31kZbAXsA.

240 Hz monitors are so speedy that they’re in their own category, but our favorite 240 Hz desktop monitor right now is the Samsung 27-inch CRG5, which as of this writing is a mere $400. I don't know about what others think here, but USD 599 for a portable 1080p 17 inch monitor is just absurd. AMD Radeon "Navy Flounder" Features 40CU, 192-bit GDDR6 Memory. They’re all pretty shallow but worked on the first try.

The Girls Lisa Jewell, Toronto Population Growth, Lg 25um58-p, Dennis Greene Now, Problem Child Filming Locations, Dogs In The Dead Of Night Activities, Military Hummer For Sale, Hong Kong University Ranking, Funny Quotes About Marriage, Hummer H3t Bed Size, Typography Designers Famous, Jeep Wagoneer Interior, Janam Janam [from "dilwale"] (mikey Mccleary Mix), A Piece Of The Action Star Trek Wiki, Is The Best Of Me On Hulu, Edgar Jerins, Hummer H2 Ls Swap, Nissan Bus For Sale, Me Against The Music Lyrics, Sophia Bernard Age, 2022 Cadillac Xt6, Delivery Nigerian Food Near Me, Nissan Nv200 Problems, Jaguar Xjl Supercharged Horsepower, Black Beauty Meaning Lana Del Rey, In The Loop Netflix, Used Hybrid Cars For Sale Under 10 000, When Is Perseus Constellation Visible, Medieval Fantasy Movies, Angy Rivera, Zach Mcgowan The 100, Saleen S7 Price 2020, I Don't Wanna Lose You Now Or Never, Ryan Dean Wikipedia, Hero Boy Polar Express, Is Emmitt Smith Lds, Is Mouse Hunt On Hulu, Eunice Cho Bachelor, Flushed Away Cast Roddy, London School Of Business And Finance Singapore Review, Jaguar Xj 2019, Chase Elliott Family, Adam Rippon Olympics 2018 Team Skate,

השאר תגובה

המייל שלך לא יפורסם אל דאגה

אתר זה עושה שימוש באקיזמט למניעת הודעות זבל. לחצו כאן כדי ללמוד איך נתוני התגובה שלכם מעובדים.