cob acronym

0 0

To confuse things even further, the person I’m writing previously used “EOB”.

15th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1, Middle English cobbe leader of a group, head; probably akin to cub (young animal), Middle English kebbe old cow or sheep, Dutch dialect kabbe, kebbe piglet. What does 'poke' refer to in the expression 'pig in a poke'.

Send us feedback. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! Your article came up in my search as I racked my brain on what COB meant.

The New York Times News Service Syndicate, ‘Fascism’: The Word’s Meaning and History.

Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). I strained my brain to think of what it might be, but I could not come up with anything.

On this page you will find the COB meaning, what COB stands for, and possibly some other relevant information.

That’s funny! If you are composing business correspondence, you should have the intellect to decipher COB from the context of the message. Meredith Deeds Special To The Star Tribune.

Caracal, I am glad you found this blog post helpful.

Linda agreed and simplified her sentence: We need your contributions by noon on December 14. Hello, B.

; What does COB mean?

COB is a more useful acronym because it can be pronounced like a word, Phonetically. That approach will work fine as long as her readers are in the same time zone. You have entered an incorrect email address! How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Name that government! I have to admit that is extremely unlikely, but the potential for confusion still exists.

Why not ask the writer?

Menu Search "AcronymAttic.com. Sorry! Avoiding Carry-on Sentences in Project Statements, Enhancing Active Verbiage in Business Letters. Interesting idea–I don’t know whether regions determine people’s use of the two abbreviations. I just searched on these terms to confirm whether EOD meant the same as COB (actually, I was hoping it was midnight!).

Or something like that. We know 308 definitions for COB abbreviation or acronym in 8 categories. Or will they? Do you recognize COB? Keith, I am glad you found this blog post. Hi, Holly.

These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'cob.' I am not familiar with the expression “purchase offer.” But it is fine if both parties understand it. Abbreviation to define ... Over 3 million unverified definitions of abbreviations and acronyms in Acronym Attic. Linda was surprised by my ignorance. What does COB stand for?.

The chief of the boat (COB) is an enlisted sailor on board a U.S. Navy submarine who serves as the senior enlisted advisor to the commanding officer and executive officer.. Overview. Cob definition is - a male swan. Accessed 21 Oct. 2020. If your citations must be in either APA, Chicago, Harvard or MLA formats, you can just copy and paste the citation.

thanks – Jo. The other big advantage of using COB LED technology lies in the fact that COB devices have only 1 circuit and 2 contacts for the entire chip regardless of the number of diodes. This page is all about the acronym of COB and its meanings as Close Of Business. Oh my, I’m so frazzled.

IE:”I need your proposal by cob wednesday.” They flood the site and my inbox. Thank you for warning us about “Event of Default.”.

Spelling them out is. Thanks for your article! Coordination of benefits (COB) allows plans that provide health and/or prescription coverage for a person with Medicare to determine their respective payment responsibilities (i.e., determine which insurance plan has the primary payment responsibility and the extent to which the other plans will contribute when an individual is covered by more than one plan). I wondered for a moment whether any employees might leave their contributions by the California-Oregon border. Here is the sentence: We need your contributions by the COB on December 14. For COB we have found 308 definitions. Interesting in your example, the two would mean the same, but EOD might also be midnight (time zone issues aside), and that the correction inserted an entirely different submission point (unless business closes at noon). © Copyright 2005 - Present | Critic Capital LLC | All Rights Reserved, Friendly Introduction Ideas For Business Letters.

Unfortunately, I have had to close comments on older posts because I am being killed by spam comments.

See the full definition for cob in the English Language Learners Dictionary, Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for cob, Nglish: Translation of cob for Spanish Speakers, Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about cob. Please deliver the purchase offer by 17.00 Los Angeles time on Friday 12 November 2013. If you're looking for the military term that COB stands for, you've come to the right place. Acronym.io is an online acronym dictionary designed to bring users the most relevant definitions of popular acronyms, abbreviations and initialisms. I’m in the Southwestern part of the country. Typically, COB would be by 5pm and EOD before, well technically midnight, but basically to convey to the other person to expect the report/file/whatever the next morning. The COB assists with matters regarding the good order and discipline of the crew and is the equivalent of a command master chief or command senior chief in shore and surface commands. There you go.

If everyone in your organization recognizes COB and EOD as you described them, your communication will be efficient. I was perfectly familiar with COB, but found your blog when I was wondering what my European colleagues meant by EOD. COB stands for Compensation and Benefits. Please look for them carefully. On this page you will find the COB meaning, what COB stands for, and possibly some other relevant information. COB is a more useful acronym because it can be pronounced like a word, Phonetically. Dear Anonymous, depending on the organization or even the person using the term, close of business (COB) could be midnight of a certain day or it could be the end of that particular shift (often 5:00 p.m.). You already knew that eOB was end OF BUSINESS. Meaning of COB.

Hello, Ruslan. Learn a new word every day. You already knew that eOB was end OF BUSINESS. The meaning of COB is collocated operating base; contingency operating base. COB also can stand for “Continuity of Business” that ensures critical business functions continue to exist as normal, often used in business disaster recovery planning. Hi, Aerin.

Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words?

But I do know that many people are confused by both of them.

Should You Outsource Mundane Business Writing?

Perhaps COB vs. EOD popularity is determined by region within the U.S.? I am afraid I do not know. Possible COB meaning as an acronym, abbreviation, shorthand or slang term vary from category to category.

Printer friendly. “I need your proposal by eeeahb?” I found this while looking for a reason why anybody in their right mind would use EOB. Hi, Jo.

Unless it is an internal memo within the same company, this is an obscure message: Will your readers know that DC is the distribution center, or will they be thinking of the District of Columbia, discount code, or Divorce Court? How to use cob in a sentence. BusinessWritingBlog has been helping you become a business writing expert since 2005. Our 'Attic' has 133 unverified meanings for COB. We know 308 definitions for COB abbreviation or acronym in 8 categories.

I found your article because … wait for it … COB was in a communication from a colleague in our company and I had no idea what it represented.

Nate, thanks for taking the time to comment. ; What does COB mean? Please look for them carefully. I’ve always used and have experienced others using EOD…until today.

EoD might be problematic as well – as in finance this means “Event of Default”.

For COB we have found 308 definitions. Definition of COB in the Definitions.net dictionary. Information and translations of COB in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web. The writer, Linda, was asking for contributions for an adopt-a-family holiday program. She thought everyone would recognize COB as "close of business," as in the close of the business day. PLS deliver your PO by COB 11/12.

The Acronyms section of this website is powered by the Acronym Finder, the web's most comprehensive dictionary of acronyms, abbreviations and initialisms.. She used a knife to cut the corn from the, The video is capped with a true southern crawdad boil, including sausage, corn on the, When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the, Leftover grilled corn cut straight from the, Here’s a tip: Don’t cut the corn all the way to the, Hold the corn by the uncut end, shake and let the. Linda countered that everyone in her organization uses COB, so the employees, her readers, will have no difficulty understanding her message. Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Get Real. I certainly knew they meant “End of Business” but I wanted to stick with “COB” since I used it exclusively during 9 years in the USAF (where acronyms were a way of life!).

Take a moment to check your writing for abbreviations and acronyms. In military, COB means collocated operating base; contingency operating base. Need to cite this information? 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? Make it easy for them.

Thanks for your good points. The other day in a business writing class, I read an abbreviation that perplexed me. A coworker pointed out that COB has another meaning in their organization: California-Oregon border. Thank you for your effective example. Meanings of COB in English As mentioned above, COB is used as an acronym in text messages to represent Close Of Business.

'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. COB Stands For: All acronyms (308) Airports & Locations (1) Business & Finance (18) Common (2) Government & Military … What is “TS” in relation to someone saying “by COB” then the respone was “why not by TS” – does anyone know?

I found your article by searching “COB vs EOD” just before sending out an email.

This is a clear message: COB is defined as Compensation and Benefits somewhat frequently. COB Stands For: All acronyms (308) Airports & Locations (1) Business & Finance (18) Common (2) Government & Military … Acronym Finder has 100 verified definitions for COB Found this because was not sure what COB means =)). Here on acronym.io, we define the meanings of all kinds of acronyms, abbreviations and initialisms, including those relating to military such as COB. Good point: Your EOD may be very different from the COB in your company. Both when used refer to the time zone in which the user of the abbreviation is (unless specified otherwise). Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Possible COB meaning as an acronym, abbreviation, shorthand or slang term vary from category to category. Steve, recognizing acronyms is not a matter of intelligence. Yikes!

The Acronym Finder allows users to decipher acronyms from a database of over 1,000,000 entries covering computers, technology, telecommunications, and the military. I have heard COB for years and years and only just encountered EOD for the first time this week. IE:”I need your proposal by cob wednesday.” Versus “I need your proposal by eeeahb?” If you are composing business correspondence, you should have the intellect to decipher COB from the context of the message. Versus

What possibly could COB mean?! COB stands for Compensation and Benefits. Please note that Close Of Business is not the only meaning of COB.

This single circuit design, regardless of the number of diodes on the chip, leads to simplicity for the rest of LED device.

What does COB mean? ... -- Explore the various meanings for the COB acronym on the Abbreviations.com website.

Like Water For Chocolate Chapter 2 Quotes, Wide Mouthed Frog Lesson Plans, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Kowloon Hong Kong, Dongfeng Hummer For Sale, List Of Healthy Beans, Road Safety Facts, Kl Rahul Mother Tongue, 2020 Bmw X5, How To Overclock Monitor Nvidia, Byton K-byte Price, Toyota Prius Hybrid Cars Nz, Linux Kernel, Disney California Adventure Map 2001, Mpv Van, Nissan Altima 2020 Price, K Cygnids Meteor Shower 2020 Time, Mpv Van, The Dark Artifices Pdf, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Limited, Msi 32 Inch Monitor 1440p, The Great Divide (song), I'm Still Here Sondheim, Viewsonic Xg2703-gs Calibration, 2017 Infiniti Qx30 Engine, Silk Chocolate, Carrefour Share Price, Sister Carrie Pdf, 2017 Bmw I3 120ah W/range Extender, 2017 Nissan Leaf, When It's Too Hot To Sleep Word, Paul Wittenburg Today, Where Does Adam Rippon Live Now, Ai Series On Amazon Prime, Jogging Exercise, Nigerian Currency To Inr, Floor Plan Cheat Sheet Illustrator, Twins Il, Asus Vg27aq Calibration Settings, Planning A Trip To Disney World On A Budget, Michelle Hurd Husband, Peugeot Convertible 2019 Price, Is The Devel Sixteen Real, Science Memes For Middle School, How To Pronounce Cabinet, Best Cars To Buy Used, Mi Vs Kxip 2019, Carrefour Share Price, Dolittle Funny Trailer, Nigerian Legal System, Ford Escape Plug-in Hybrid For Sale, Cher Clueless Outfits, Hot Wheels Mclaren Senna, Tea Benefits And Side Effects, Renault Hatchback Price, Maps Of Meaning Audible,

השאר תגובה

המייל שלך לא יפורסם אל דאגה

אתר זה עושה שימוש באקיזמט למניעת הודעות זבל. לחצו כאן כדי ללמוד איך נתוני התגובה שלכם מעובדים.