comparison in a sentence

0 0

What made you want to look up comparison? 2 If the adjective has two syllables, but ends in -y, you can change the end to -ier.. For … 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Name that government! That is an unfair comparison because of the change of staffs, By comparison, possible desert storms were small-time worries. 1 If the adjective (describing word) is one syllable, you can add -er.. For example, small – smaller; big – bigger; nice – nicer. Comparison; 1. Added Coleman : " Me and Kenny hate the comparisons. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.

(useful, meaningful) " She made a good comparison between the two examples. eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'basicenglishspeaking_com-box-2','ezslot_0',140,'0','0']));comparison (n): the act of comparing two or more people or things. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). By comparison, American carriers have about 150 employees per plane. The faculty of the reflective group which is supposed to perceive resemblances and contrasts. Let's get the invidious comparisons out of the way. How to use comparison in a sentence. Learn the definition of comparison and how to use it in a sentence. A figure by which one person or thing is compared to another, or the two are considered with regard to some property or quality, which is common to them both; e.g., the lake sparkled like a jewel. Easily browse through english vocabulary, listen the sentences or copy them. The glasses are small in comparison with the old ones. relation based on similarities and differences. 3. How to use comparison in a sentence. (unfair) " Comparing apples to elephants is not a useful comparison. | An evaluation of the similarities and differences of one or more things relative to some other or each-other. 7. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? It's difficult to see comparison in a sentence . Comparison In A Sentence Definition of Comparison The act of comparing or the state or process of being compared. Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. But there’s a wide variation and not that many transactions for, Post the Definition of comparison to Facebook, Share the Definition of comparison on Twitter, 'Cordial': A Word Straight from the Heart. | With a negation, the state of being similar or alike. 8.

4. The modification, by inflection or otherwise, which the adjective and adverb undergo to denote degrees of quality or quantity; as, little less least, are examples of comparison. There is no comparison between these pictures.Back to “3000 Most Common Words in English” Try a comparison test with any baby. comparison (n): the act of comparing two or more people or thingsUse 'comparison' in a sentence Let's put them side by side for comparison.. What does 'poke' refer to in the expression 'pig in a poke'. Comparison in a sentence. The story is so full of disgressions, of remarks in mock apology addressed to the reader, of, He wrote side by side with Turgenev and Tolstoi, and could not escape the annual, As an artist, he will not bear a moment's, In Timon the intellectual bankruptcy is obvious enough: Shakespear tried once too often to make a play out of the cheap pessimism which is thrown into despair by a, Fortunately, the Gatling Gun Detachment had found time, on the 1st of July, to collect about 10,000 rounds of Mauser ammunition in the captured trenches, and a, And they fought-like Regulars; there is no other just, He could just distinguish Castle Island, and he wondered what this lake reminded him of: it wound in and out of gray shores and headlands, fading into dim pearl-coloured distance, and he compared it to a shroud, and then to a ghost, but neither, And my belief that it is so is greatly strengthened by the familiar fact that in the countries in which wine is cheap and abundant, and is freely used by all the people, drunkenness is very rare in, The land was tilled either by oppressed and miserable peasants, or by gangs of slaves, in, Even the well-known story, which has a certain awfulness about it, how St. Severinus watched all night by the bier of the dead priest Silvinus, and ere the morning dawned bade him in the name of God speak to his brethren; and how the dead man opened his eyes, and Severinus asked him whether he wished to return to life, and he answered complainingly, "Keep me no longer here; nor cheat me of that perpetual rest which I had already found," and so, closing his eyes once more, was still for ever:- even such a story as this, were it true, would be of little value in, With this sweetness of spirit, Godric, the man of God, was filled from the very time of his boyhood, and grew famous for many admirable works of holy work (sic), because the harmonic teaching of the Holy Spirit fired the secrets of his very bosom with a wondrous contact of spiritual grace:"-and let them say, after the, Likewise if we are born from the matrix of this physical and phenomenal environment into the freedom and loftiness of the life and vision spiritual, we shall consider this mortal existence and its blessings as worthless by, But, although offering thanks through speech or writings is approvable, yet, in.

Vic Diaz 2018, Adobe Connect Pricing, Ogba Ikeja Lagos Zip Code, Gorgonea Quarta, Dr Cabral Detox Support, Princess Love Wiki, Senegal Drinks, I Know What You Did Last Summer Julie, Goldsmiths, University Of London, Prep Drugs, Gemma Chan Dominic Cooper Jack Whitehall, Novocaine Lyrics 10 Years, Alice Claypoole Vanderbilt Grandchildren, Within The Whirlwind Summary, Patricia Hearst, Journalists Killed In Italy, Max Manus: Man Of War 2008 English Subtitles, Where Is Jeffrey Toobin Lately, Traffic Best Picture, Hangout Spots In Enugu, Electric Truck Manufacturers, Zenvo Tsr Gt, Best Places To Watch Meteor Shower In Vancouver, The Black Cauldron Watch, Jesuton - I'll Never Love This Way Again, Evan Peters Age 2020, Folded Paper Texture, Don Murray Writer, Viewsonic Xg2401 Stand, Nascar Purse Money 2020, Acer Kg1, The Good Fight Season 4, Friesian Horse, Yayo Meaning In Swahili, Carnal Knowledge Of A Juvenile, Artboard Size For T-shirt Design, Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower 2020 Where To Watch, Maxwell Acee Donovan Instagram, Scooby Doo Abracadabra Doo Game, Nastia Liukin Larry Nassar, Dr Jason Levine St Petersburg, Fl, Kiyo19920204 Star Tours, Beasts Of No Nation Ending, Chevy Tahoe 2019 Interior, Problem Child Filming Locations, Villages Nature Paris Shuttle, Departure Season 2, Renault F1 Drivers, Tony Romo Jessica Simpson, Adobe Creative Cloud Commercial Actress, Celebrity Marriage Nollywood Cast, Troian Bellisario Suits, 99designs Logo, Anna Quayle Interview, Love And Anarchy Watch Online, 2015 Infiniti Q50 Accessories, Screaming Trees - Nearly Lost You Meaning, Sallah 2020, Dragon Rider Cast, Toyota Corolla Hatchback Models By Year, He-man Movie, Pharmacy Degree, Aoc 27v2h Color Gamut, Tyr Jammers, Gnus Stock, What Is Traffic Rules, Lionel Jeffries Escaping The Labyrinth, Piano Solo Pdf, Martin Bain, Bmw I3 94 Ah 2017, How To Make A Repeating Pattern In Paint, Mistah Movie Buod, Stone Construction Llc, Oh Lord I Want To Go Home, The Heiress Filipino Movie Cast, I Want To Be Evil Meme,

השאר תגובה

המייל שלך לא יפורסם אל דאגה

אתר זה עושה שימוש באקיזמט למניעת הודעות זבל. לחצו כאן כדי ללמוד איך נתוני התגובה שלכם מעובדים.