current female nascar drivers 2020

0 0

Her runner-up finish in last weekend’s ARCA event at Daytona International Speedway tied Shawna Robinson and Erin Evernham for the best result by a woman in that series. Though her new alignment with DGR-Crosley could eventually provide an avenue to the organization’s involvement in the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series, Deegan says she’s concentrating for now on the two-series task that’s ahead. She’ll team with fellow Ford prospect Chase Briscoe for Multimatic Motorsports in the series’ season opener Jan. 24 on the 3.56-mile oval and road course layout, a day before the annual Rolex 24. “That’s just how it is. Deegan’s Daytona performance came 10 years after Danica Patrick’s heralded stock-car debut at the same track. Racing has not been easy for the 46-year-old Cobb, who has made 190 Truck starts and 31 Xfinity starts.

We expect her competition level to grow as well as her marketing presence.”. It’s not just the good times and when you’re on top that they notice you. When you’re doing good, it gets you noticed. Her victory came in 2015, a day before she graduated from high school as class valedictorian. “The local people are probably sick and tired of hearing that phrase (track’s first female winner) over and over again, and even myself it’s like I want to just be known as a really good race car driver at this point,” Haase told NBC Sports. That would be among the highlights for Patrick, who never finished better than 24th in the points before completing her NASCAR career with the 2018 Daytona 500. DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — An effervescent 18-year-old, who channels the sport’s pioneers in spirit and aggression, moves closer to leading a NASCAR movement. “From the competition side, it was seeing her aggression on track, seeing how she races, the results that she delivers, and more importantly what we see off the track in terms of her mindset, her commitment to develop in every way that she can, whether it’s on the simulator, driving her own sim at home, a motorcycle, a quad or whatever,” Rushbrook said. That partial schedule included a best result of fifth place at Lucas Oil Raceway near Indianapolis. “I need to be reminded.”. Man, I want to race Eldora. Deegan’s achievements are not measured against foes but history. Her father, Brian, drove Fords as part of his decorated X Games career, wheeling a Ford Fiesta to Rallycross gold in 2011. Hailie Deegan moves to Ford, sets 2020 plans | NASCAR.com “I basically did a study on where I think our sport is missing and what our greatest value proposition is,” she said. 4 Fusion with Hailie Deegan’s name above the door sat on the floor of the Ford Performance Technical Center. “The Toyota program is a great program, and they develop a lot of drivers,” Deegan says. Deegan, who moved from Toyota’s development program to Ford’s program in the offseason, is poised to shake up the sport. Patrick’s arrival raised hopes that more women could follow her to NASCAR, but those aspirations vanished as funding faded and results waned for many. Such marks are just the beginning, her father, former motocross superstar Brian Deegan, says. Deegan became one of NASCAR’s top budding prospects by making history as the first woman to win a race in its developmental K&N Pro Series West (now ARCA Menards Series West) in 2018. How many times was Walt Disney told that his little mouse dream was ridiculous. “If you can’t imagine something to happen or if you can’t place that there,” Jones said, “then it’s an impossibility for you.”. It takes a toll on you because you’re going to have lot more bad races than good races.”, Deegan’s victories have been memorable for more than the historic value. “It starts out fine until the next thing you know you get up into those higher levels and there’s that strength difference, there’s that bravery difference and there’s like a passion difference and a priority difference in what (female drivers) want to do with their lives,” she said. I know that it’s going to be a crazy next year, and if everything goes well with David Gilliland Racing, which I think it will because he has such a good program, we should have some good success next year.”, RELATED: Key players in Silly Season | Deegan wins at Colorado | 2020 ARCA Menards Series schedule. Her ARCA schedule will be contested with the DGR-Crosley organization, which made its own switch to Ford last Wednesday. “I thought, ‘Gosh, all these women are getting these chances and it’s going to be so good for me.’, “I thought I would be right there with them in a couple of years.”. Tuesday marked the Deegan family’s newest connection to Ford as a No. She ran Super Late Model races in 2016 but never made it back to NASCAR as a driver. Time with Ford’s simulator has helped establish a baseline, something she can build on as IMSA’s opening weekend nears. The 18-year-old driver added two more series victories this year. All three wins came by bold final-lap passes. Deegan, however, seems to embrace that spot on the larger stage. Jones said among Patrick’s biggest impacts was showing that a woman could reach the heights of auto racing. “Driving into the racetrack, just my mom, my dad and me at like 10 years old … and this moment is as clear as day for me, there was one tire on dad’s open trailer tire rack. NASCAR® and its marks are trademarks of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, LLC. A black high heel shoe is on the white poster. The idea for Youth Racers of America stemmed from a paper she wrote at Drake University on the economics of motorsports.

“The thing is, when the spotlight’s on you, they notice the bad days and the good days. “I’m excited that no girl has won yet because there is a chance to set records. The younger Deegan’s move also represents a break with Toyota Racing Development, which fostered her career the last two seasons.

Natalie Decker Is One Of The Women Revving Up NASCAR In 2020.

Deegan, who has already acclimated herself to Ford’s IMSA entry through simulator work, will drive the Mustang GT4 for real in the Roar Before the 24 test session Jan. 3-5. If you ask me, it’s nobody’s business to discourage you.”. She became the first female to win a sprint car race at Knoxville (Iowa) Raceway, which hosted its first automobile race in 1901 and is home to the Knoxville Nationals. “I thought it was super exciting,” Kenzie Hemric told NBC Sports of so many women racing in top levels in 2010, a year before she made her ARCA debut.
Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own. Kenzie Hemric, whose last name was Ruston before she married NASCAR driver Daniel Hemric, also was a pioneer.

Haase also will launch Youth Racers of America Inc. and plans to host a national motorsports camp in Indianapolis in December for 300-500 youth racers. So that’s something that has its pros and cons, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.”. “Racing is kind of like the craziest roller coaster you’ll be on, emotionally. “It’s really hard because at the end of the day in NASCAR racing, you’re going to have a lot more bad races than good races,” Deegan says. Now you’re looking around and there are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of men at the track and one female.”, While she admits the obstacles can make the sport “very frustrating at times,” she said she races because “I was designed to be where I am for a reason.”. I said, ‘Yeah dad, why do we have only one tire?’ My dad’s response was ‘Because that’s the spare for the trailer, and if we break down we have to have that.’ ”. The jump to a full ARCA slate and IMSA will likely ratchet up that attention, scrutiny that relatively few teenagers have to face. He also drove Fiestas in the Global Rallycross Championship and a Ford Raptor in the Lucas Oil Off-Road Series. When you’re doing bad, it tears you down. This is a sport for people with a lot of money.”. Twice Deegan took the win from a teammate, including at Colorado National Speedway last June. “I say all the time I probably don’t belong here. Patrick’s arrival raised hopes that more women could follow her to NASCAR, but those aspirations vanished as funding faded and results waned for many. She just thinks back to how her father, Joe, whom she calls her hero, raced. … At the end of the day it has its pros and cons. A few months later, Patrick was one of four women to compete in the Indianapolis 500. “That motivates me more because you know what you are doing is right and all the work you are putting in is worth something.”, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window). Even with the financial hardships and one top-10 finish in her Truck career,  if a younger female sought Cobb’s advice on racing, she would not dissuade that person.

47 Ronin True Story Half-breed, Best Full-size Suv 2019, Celebrity Marriage Nollywood Cast, Number Cruncher Crossword Answers, No Name On The Bullet Trailer, Sam Draper Supercoach, Boom For Real Netflix, Aoc Agon Ag271qx Calibration, Ready Mix Concrete Process, Conform In A Sentence, 1984 Champions League Final, Four Leaf Clover Lyrics, Orianthi Tour, Renault Captur Hybrid 2020, Patricia Hearst Net Worth, Across The River And Into The Trees Pdf, Sonja Henie Cause Death, Photoshop Tools Icons, 2018 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, That Touch Of Mink Trivia, Mike Teavee 1971, Jordan Peterson Contact, Crimson Tide Medical Mask, Morning Light Song, From Prada To Nada Full Movie Putlockers, Types Of Painting Eras, Infiniti Qx30 Safety Rating, Raven-symone Accident, John Hannah Net Worth, Fastest T5 Car Csr2 2020, Infiniti Q60 Red Sport Price, Even Chance Probability Statements, John G Avildsen Net Worth, Aoc Cu34g2x For Sale, How Many Lykan Hypersport In The World, This Thing Called You Pdf, 1979 Lotus Elite For Sale, Equilibrium Daily Nutritional Support Reviews, Adobe Premiere Pro Cs5 System Requirements, Taran Wanderer Movie, Ryan Gallagher And Charlotte, Thrust Ssc 0-60, Skele About Your Love Lyrics, Bobby Riggs Margaret Court, Castool Die Casting, New Person, Same Old Mistakes Lyrics, John Kufuor, Randal Edwards Height, Lotus Images For Drawing, Earthbag Building Supplies, Lynda Petty, Ronnie Dio, Jon Benjamin Has A Van Dailymotion, Fake Smile Synonym, Amphicar Price New, Dare To Lead Table Of Contents, Hesher Online, Severino Verna, Aston Martin Valkyrie Amr Pro, The Jerk Wedding, Jeep Cj, Watermelon Man Original, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 Price, Denise Brown, Jeep Wrangler With Star On Hood, Senna Tea Side Effects, Chevrolet Spark 2018 Interior, Remy Ma Net Worth 2020, Charles Perrault Sleeping Beauty, Cheap Used Cars In Uae, Family Court, Robert Cosby Sr, Shameless Season 5 Episode 6, Wildcats Basketball Movie,

השאר תגובה

המייל שלך לא יפורסם אל דאגה

אתר זה עושה שימוש באקיזמט למניעת הודעות זבל. לחצו כאן כדי ללמוד איך נתוני התגובה שלכם מעובדים.