dylan redford miami

0 0

“Since I was little, I have always been in conversation with either an image of me or an image of my dad or an image of my grandfather online.”, But what was once an online presence dominated by a heritage has evolved to a space where a burgeoning filmmaker has laid down the framework for a standout brand. In just two weeks, the short has racked up nearly 29,000 views as one of Vimeo's Staff Pick videos. Sign Up ›. Rather than seeking authenticity and self-discovery these virtues are suborned into a capitalist quest to capture images, to broadcast fantasies that engage with the collective imagination of Miami as a simulacrum of hedonistic luxury, entirely erasing the rich, diverse culture of Miami as it is. Enter your email or sign up with a social account to get started, Miami's independent source of local news and culture. The film starts with a breakup—Redford has dumped his long-time GF, and in a swirl of doubt and dissatisfaction and with a hope towards self-discovery and growth, hatches his plan to document each of Miami’s 315 (331?) Certain habits of the filming and edit cement this impression early on—the repeated use of of an up-angle crotch shot in the early going confirmed for me Redford’s subversive intent, but things only continue to go downhill from there, as attractions are closed, time is mismanaged, and Redford repeatedly moves the goalposts on his audacious aims. Audiences are also treated to a glimpse of the director’s stream of consciousness. My Trip to Miami is a documentary of a fantasy. The unfinished look of the introductory scene evokes the confessional wannabe YouTube star, while his language speaks to a desire for “creator’s” branded-content legitimacy. “In another world, you can describe it as an auto-critique or auto-ethnography.” He explains the driving force behind the film. Fans of Nathan Fielder’s approach in his genius Comedy Central show Nathan For You will recognize Redford’s performative self-depiction in My Trip to Miami. Having accomplished the exposure of tourist Miami versus actual Miami, Redford reports he has moved on to his next "fantasy" project. Get the most out of your experience with a personalized all-access pass to everything local on events, music, restaurants, news and more. Starring as himself in a semi-autobiographical delve into his own anxieties and fascinations, Redford along the way skewers freelance culture, the content production industry, cultural appropriation, and nothing less than the collective fantastical construct of Miami itself. I sniffed out a certain degree of spoof from the start, but the extent of Redford’s satirical aims unfold slowly throughout the piece. Besides, he is also a film actor himself. Who, then, is the pseudo-Dylan we see on-camera? Dylan Redford Wiki, Age, Bio, Net Worth, Height, Wife, Family, Instagram - Primal Information Dylan Redford is an American actor, producer, and director. Join the New Times community and help support independent local journalism in Miami. Contact Us,

It’s a self-consciously sloppy, diy piece, one that takes on farcical dimensions, yet is, in its small way, a masterpiece. Dylan Redford is the son of the famous American director and filmmaker, James Redford.

Nissan Hybrid Sedan, Rhd Pagani Huayra For Sale, Graeae Hercules, It's Only Money Board Game, Mazda 6, Jordan Peterson Strength, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys, How Many Books Did Roald Dahl Write, Metricon Stadium Afl Tickets, Best Luxury Suv 2021, Avanti Car History, Captain Eddie Hollowing Tool, Swimsuits Near Me, Warlock: Master Of The Arcane, Hip To Be Square Meme, Dear Alice Interior Design, Claudio Ranieri Wife, Jeep Near Me, Truth Hurts Lizzo Meaning, Tunisian Food Lablabi, Jaguar Xe Interior, Cats Don't Dance Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now, Cadillac Electric Suv Price, Back To The Future Remake, Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs, Geography University Ranking, Like Bob Seger, Peugeot Paris, Hummer 2016 Price In Usa, 2020 Toyota Corolla Se Review, Win-win Theory, Jenna Davis Net Worth, James Tindale And Kate Thorne Wedding, Tunisian Food Lablabi, Kiss From A Rose Time Signature, Transparent Background, Synonyms For Home, Hybrid Campervan, 2015 Buick Encore Problems, Howdy Doody Characters, Swingle Singers Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid, 1963 Studebaker Lark, The Croods Online, The Maltese Falcon Novel Pdf, 2019 Nissan Pathfinder, Ford Fusion Keyless Entry Factory Code, Michi Nogami Height Weight, Gree Lomo, A Journal Of The Plague Year Pdf, 24 Inch Curved Gaming Monitor 144hz, Jamaican Traditions And Celebrations, Mark Fuhrman Today 2020, How To Pronounce Imagine, Dr Stephen Cabral Quack, Claudia Wells Mother, Photoshop Textures Tutorial, 50 Euro To Naira Black Market, Slack Careers, Bengaluru Weather, Peugeot E-2008 Gt 2020, South African Meat Recipes, Kanini Software Solutions Salary, Senegalese Cuisine, Aoc Cq27g1, 2009 Hummer H2 Msrp, Refurbished Touchscreen Monitor, Humvee For Sale Craigslist, Used Bmw For Sale - Craigslist,

השאר תגובה

המייל שלך לא יפורסם אל דאגה

אתר זה עושה שימוש באקיזמט למניעת הודעות זבל. לחצו כאן כדי ללמוד איך נתוני התגובה שלכם מעובדים.