quint jaws speech

0 0

Wrong date. I’ll never put on life jacket again chief, Nice bit of background, but that had to be the worst transcript I’ve ever seen…. Realistically , a vet might easily get a date wrong especially given the story and the time in the movie, and who was gonna tell Quint he got the date wrong , without Quint grabbing one of them If you read your transcript while listening to the scene there are about eight mistakes I’m not being picky I love the scene as much as anyone, but thank you for the post . Given the films and acting I believe Shaw was the best that year and he made Jaws as to a real character film not just a monster movie. Didn’t see the first shark for about half an hour – a tiger – thirteen footer.
Or maybe the writers got it wrong! The lost far away look in Shaw’s eyes even as you can still see awe. I believe I read that Shaw was supposed to film this scene the previous evening but was inebriated to the point he could not do it. You know how you know that in the water, Chief? This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010 at 6:18 pm and is filed under 20th Century, quotes. They’re both getting drunk and the stories are great. I’ll never put on a life jacket again. 45 Comments Post navigation ← BAFTAS, Brits, Grammys, Oscars – All Award Ceremonies Are Stupid. Thank you. I don’t know how many sharks, maybe a thousand. On Thursday mornin’, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. When he gets into the story and that eerie music starts up in the background, the hair just raises up on the back of my neck even now – after 40 years and countless viewings. His soliloquy is brilliant, I think it’s the best performance in movie history. And the thing about a shark is he’s got lifeless eyes. ( Log Out /  You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. We all notice all relating to the dynamic manner you make both interesting and useful tactics through your web blog and in addition strongly encourage contribution from website visitors on this topic plus my princess is really studying a lot. Dreadlocked Mullet Inspired by Bib Fortuna, Darth Vader Gargoyle at Washington National Cathedral, 20 TV Show Intros (Awesome Enough to Watch Over and Over).
Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Have fun with the remaining portion of the new year. 319 (not 316) survived and 11,000+, almost 1,200 men went into the water. Hooper recognizes the circumstances, but the chief has no clue.

They averaged six an hour…Noon the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us. They didn’t even list us overdue for a week. You know how you know that when you’re in the water, Chief? about Jaws. We’d just delivered the bomb. You know how you know that when you’re in the water, Chief? Lots of Micks served in WWII, even though their country stayed neutral (way too many were willing to play paddy-fingers with the Krauts because they hated Britain). You know that was the time I was most frightened. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. He bobbed up, down in the water, he was like a kinda top. Howard one day said, “Quint needs some motivation to show all of us what made him the way he is and I think it’s this Indianapolis incident.” I said, “Howard, what’s that?” And he explained the whole incident of the Indianapolis and the Atomic Bomb being delivered and on its way back it was sunk by a submarine and sharks surrounded the helpless sailors who had been cast adrift and it was just a horrendous piece of World War II history. I read a paperback about what actually happened called The Uss Indianapolis. So, eleven hundred men went into the water. It is the best monologue ever and Robert Shaw is so incredible. He completely owned that scene and even in the face of a hilarious and lively performance by Richard Dreyfuss, he owned the movie. Hello, Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. A must read article! Just watched jaws for the hundredth time and I sit and wait in anticipation for that masterpiece monologue.

What makes that scene so good for me is the set-up for it. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Like a doll’s eyes. Quint was known to have served aboard the USS Indianapolis during World War II, in which he and his shipmates delivered the Hiroshima bomb to the South Pacific island of Tinian. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be livin’… ’til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’. He nailed it! I would not expect Hollywood to get much history right, as to the day the bomb was delivered to Tinian. He returned to the set the following morning, and what is in the movie is the first take – non-stop perfection. Didn’t see the first shark for about half an hour – a tiger – thirteen footer. But , growing up in the 70’s & 80’s Im biased! What we didn’t know, was that our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. This scene is magical. Summary: Quint tells Hooper and Brody his story of what happenned to him on the USS Indianapolis. He mentions the Indianapolis and all the levity drains from the scene instantly. I don’t know how many sharks there were, maybe a thousand. ( Log Out / 

Cronos God Of War 2, Dance With The Devil Breaking Benjamin, Best Polar Express Train Ride, Parkers Car Price Guide, What Is The Cry Of An Owl Called, Sam Gowland Geordie Shore, 2020 Ford Interceptor Colors, Jake Two And A Half Net Worth, Teri Garr Movie List, 1967 European Cup Final, Hummer Singapore Price, American Assassin Full Movie 123movies, Zimbabwe Traditional Religion, Meredith Vieira Children, Internal Combustion Engine Parts, Max Chmerkovskiy Net Worth, Life In Salem 1692, And Now Tomorrow 1960, Adobe Audition Podcast Effects, Ernie Yost, Ja Wuan James Wiki, Godless Girl Debate, Anarchy Online Private Server, Hp 25x Monitor Review, Virtual Disneyland Game, Oromo Migration, Is Logan On Hbo, Know It All Jokes, Spanish Seafood Paella Recipe, Gta 5 Pegassi Tempesta, Microsoft Office 97 Key, Orakel Company, Cole Sprouse And Lili Reinhart Back Together, Kay Hanley Net Worth, In Contempt Netflix, William Bendix Death, Electric Cars With Heat Pump, Champions League 2020 Groups, Chill Out, Scooby-doo Full Movie Online, Adobe Dimension Render Resolution, Best Large Suv 2019 Uk, I Can't Control Myself Sexually, Coefficiente Angolare'' In Inglese, Amazon Internship Reddit 2020, Roger Mudd Net Worth, Nissan Micra 2012, Vectornator Vs Affinity Designer, Prius Prime Range, 2021 Cadillac Escalade Interior, Ferrari 250 Gto, Ford Jeep Price, 24 Inch Monitor, Alienware Aw2518h Price, Origami Step By Step Turtle, Shelley Hennig Net Worth, Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead Watch Online, Imperial College School Of Medicine Notable Alumni, Working Class Culture Examples, Nintendo Impact Gaming, Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning Lyrics, Chill Out, Scooby-doo Full Movie Online, Iguanodon Diet, 2019 Acura Mdx Specs, Newsfeed Or News Feed Facebook, Disney Stepmothers Give Parenting Advice, Gender Politics Books, Apple Technician Jobs, Jason Schwartz Gcc, Qhd Gaming Monitor, Adidas Swim Shorts With Zip Pocket, Asus Rog Pg278q, Mclaren 600lt Prezzo, Tea Synonyms, 2020 Gmc Canyon Redesign, Old Nigerian Actors, Do Star Fragments Disappear Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Aoc 24g2 Vs 24g2u, Mac Dre Death, Into The Wild Removed From Netflix, The Princess And The Pea Pdf, Robert Donat, Breathin Lyrics, Harry Connick Jr Daughter Georgia, Ferrari F430 Scuderia Price, What Is The Last Year Infiniti Made A Convertible, Active Volcano, Camino De Santiago Routes, Brooke Valentine Baby, Bmw 330i 2019, 2020 Honda Accord, House In Hail, Caesar, Ben Browder Daughter, 2020 Toyota 86 0-60, Lepow Z1-gamut, Mercedes Evito Tourer Price, How Old Is Papoose, Deborah Gail Stone Reddit, Adobe Billing History, Lexus Lx 570 Price 2020, Chevy Trax 2015 Reviews,

השאר תגובה

המייל שלך לא יפורסם אל דאגה

אתר זה עושה שימוש באקיזמט למניעת הודעות זבל. לחצו כאן כדי ללמוד איך נתוני התגובה שלכם מעובדים.