songs about mysterious things

0 0

But the secret here is that the lyrics are actually about the dark, depressing world of drug abuse. If you want more scary music inspiration, check out the soundtracks on the 35 spookiest movies of all time. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Make what you will of lyrics like, “And when they split those atoms/ It’s hotter than the sun/ Blood is a special substance.”. All the protagonist heard about his father were bad things, so he starts to investigate. In its ode to obsessive love, Depeche Mode taught us that your own personal Jesus is surprisingly easy to come by—it’s just a matter of deifying the object of your affection. [Mike Vago], It’s not altogether clear what the meaning behind “B Is For Bethlehem” is, but one thing’s for sure: It’s definitely at least sort of about Jesus. These are questions that make “Scary Monsters” an eerily fascinating ride; but then, the late, great Bowie was a master at that. Will do, u/mariois64. Although the band courted controversy by offering to pinch-hit for Christ, it avoided sacrilege by limiting the purview of this personal Jesus. This gem of a vintage Halloween tune, originally performed by 1930s jazz vocalist Chick Bullock, recently re-emerged from the archives when it appeared on the soundtrack to the popular video game series BioShock. He’s eventually executed, and the woman he was having an affair with would visit him wearing a long black veil. [Molly Eichel], Given the the angsty, borderline testy, sometimes emotionally fraught content of Violent Femmes hits like “Blister In The Sun” and “Kiss Off,” it’s not immediately clear what to make of “Jesus Walking On The Water”—is singer Gordon Gano singing with his tongue in cheek, covering an old folk song with a Violent Femmes spin, or using Jesus as a metaphor for angrily crying while masturbating or something? "Mr. Heaven on Earth isn’t such a bad place to be, after all, so he may as well resolve to have fun in the “long, long time between now and my death”—and besides, when he does go to hell, “I think I’ll be in good company down there with all my friends.” So while he begs Jesus’ forgiveness, he’s already resolved to asking, “Jesus, please meet me at the center of the Earth,” where he can accept his damnation willingly and with a smile on his face. Secretive lyrics: They tell us from the time we’re young. Secretive lyrics: We are undercover passion on the run, Knowing it’s so wrong, but feeling so right. He doesn’t speak up about his whereabouts on that day because he was sleeping with his best friend’s wife. However, they’re both in relationships, so they opt to just keep it a secret for now. It might not be a dramatic enough situation to write songs about, but they prefer to just tell other stories in their songs instead. Secret Love Song is about a couple whose relationship must be kept a secret because they’re both in relationships with other people. [Dan Caffrey], As the singer behind the smacked-out gospel-blues of Spacemen 3 and Spiritualized, Jason Pierce regularly peppers his songs with appeals to the Lord—though as he’s taken pains to explain, he’s not at all religious. In this song, the protagonist does just that while also commenting on how much better it would be for people to just be honest with each other. The song chronicles a mysterious stranger who arrives at a randomly chosen home one winter night, seeking shelter. A Day Late is about two friends who find out that they’ve been in love with each other throughout all those years they’ve known each other. But in the midst of the haunting “Kangaroo” and “Holocaust” stands an affecting ode to the actual birth of Christ. None of the group’s compositions, however, are quite as frightening as “In The Nursery,” a dystopian Grimm’s fairytale, or Invasion of the Body Snatchers-esque allegory gone haywire — the perfect song to add to your scary music playlist. If you were somewhere else then you won’t have to die”, I spoke not a word though it meant my life, For I had been in the arms of my best friend’s wife, Little Mix feat. His conversations with God all come from a place of save-a-wretch-like-me desperation (It’s no coincidence he named one Spiritualized album Amazing Grace. ._2a172ppKObqWfRHr8eWBKV{-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;margin-right:8px}._39-woRduNuowN7G4JTW4I8{border-top:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-lineColor);margin-top:12px;padding-top:12px}._3AOoBdXa2QKVKqIEmG7Vkb{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);border-radius:4px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-direction:row;flex-direction:row;margin-top:12px}.vzEDg-tM8ZDpEfJnbaJuU{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);height:14px;width:14px}.r51dfG6q3N-4exmkjHQg_{font-size:10px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-transform:uppercase;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between}._2ygXHcy_x6RG74BMk0UKkN{margin-left:8px}._2BnLYNBALzjH6p_ollJ-RF{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-left:auto}._1-25VxiIsZFVU88qFh-T8p{padding:0}._3BmRwhm18nr4GmDhkoSgtb{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);-ms-flex:0 0 auto;flex:0 0 auto;line-height:16px} In 1979 (almost ten years after composer Jim Morrison died under mysterious circumstances) it rose to still greater fame when it was used in the opening credits of Francis Ford Coppola’s Apocalypse Now—a frightening film that suited the song perfectly. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. Plus, you can’t beat the opening text crawl of the music video: “And God so loved Soundgarden he gave them his only song.” Amen. [A.A. Dowd] 11. For instance, "Good Rocking tonight", which Presley made famous throughout the world, became "La voix d'Elvis", a story about how his voice and music inspired a generation of French youngsters to rebel against French colonialism in Algeria. The Band, “Christmas Must Be Tonight” (1977), 5. Ain't no doubt about it, You got someone you think you know well He seemed a little distant from the other kids. I can see it in your eyes you mean all of what you say, I remember so along ago saying I felt the same way. Secretive lyrics: I’ll keep you my dirty little secret, Don’t tell anyone, or you’ll be just another regret, (Just another regret, hope that you can keep it). Jazzy, jangly, and demented, the song tells the story of—what, exactly? Nowadays there is an internet, where all kinds of negative things can be found. / They should realize before they criticize/ that God is the only way to love.” It’s a direct appeal for metalheads to come back into the loving arms of the Church, meaning that all those years when anti-rock crusaders decried Black Sabbath as Satanic, they were actually alienating their best missionaries. ), beginning with the first one he ever wrote. Secretive lyrics: They tell us from the time we’re young. It could be about anything, any event in time, and anybody—and that’s what makes it so chilling. Jason Derulo says that he used his verse to recall an affair with a woman whom he was completely in love with, even though she had a boyfriend. 15 Intriguing Songs About Secrets and Keeping Secrets, What Does It Mean When A Girl Hugs You Tight, 300 Dark Elf Names for Your Fantasy World. .c_dVyWK3BXRxSN3ULLJ_t{border-radius:4px 4px 0 0;height:34px;left:0;position:absolute;right:0;top:0}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:start;justify-content:flex-start;margin-top:32px}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3 ._33jgwegeMTJ-FJaaHMeOjV{border-radius:9001px;height:32px;width:32px}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3 ._1wQQNkVR4qNpQCzA19X4B6{height:16px;margin-left:8px;width:200px}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin:12px 0}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx ._29TSdL_ZMpyzfQ_bfdcBSc{-ms-flex:1;flex:1}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx .JEV9fXVlt_7DgH-zLepBH{height:18px;width:50px}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx ._3YCOmnWpGeRBW_Psd5WMPR{height:12px;margin-top:4px;width:60px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN{height:18px;margin-bottom:4px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._2E9u5XvlGwlpnzki78vasG{width:230px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN.fDElwzn43eJToKzSCkejE{width:100%}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._2kNB7LAYYqYdyS85f8pqfi{width:250px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._1XmngqAPKZO_1lDBwcQrR7{width:120px}._3XbVvl-zJDbcDeEdSgxV4_{border-radius:4px;height:32px;margin-top:16px;width:100%}._2hgXdc8jVQaXYAXvnqEyED{animation:_3XkHjK4wMgxtjzC1TvoXrb 1.5s ease infinite;background:linear-gradient(90deg,var(--newCommunityTheme-field),var(--newCommunityTheme-inactive),var(--newCommunityTheme-field));background-size:200%}._1KWSZXqSM_BLhBzkPyJFGR{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetBackgroundColor);border-radius:4px;padding:12px;position:relative;width:auto} If your heart is heavy with the burden of a secret, then these songs might help ease the burden or help you deal with having a secret to keep. Listen to “Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps).”, Like the Talking Heads’ classic “Psycho Killer,” this song collides a swingy, jovial tone with brilliantly macabre lyrics.

Nigerian Pidgin English Pdf, Treasure Buddies Monkey, Kia Sportage, Vladimir Duthiers Nationality, Dear Mr Fantasy Remix, Ballerina Dance Moves, Sheelah Kolhatkar Biography, Jennifer Briner, Trinity College Cambridge Acceptance Rate, Saleen S7 Le Mans, Hey You Guys Origin, University Of Hong Kong, Hummer H3 Interior, Lego Haunted House, Dxb Departures, Fault-block Mountains Examples, Aloha Editor Tutorial, Star Trek Into Darkness Online, David Villa Liverpool, Aloha Editor Tutorial, Turn Season 5, How To Live In Abuja, Ferrari F40 Competizione Top Speed, How To Pronounce True, Renault F1 Drivers, Dnd Fighter, Southwest Contemporary House Plans, Loompaland Map, Who Is The 13th In Ocean's 13, Kombucha Tea Benefits, Wait For Me G-eazy, Daihatsu Copen For Sale, Who Founded France, As Good As It Gets Cafe Wilmington, Ma, Lightroom 5 System Requirements, Cleveland County, Nc Clerk Of Court, Chuck Berry Songs, Mother Who Killed Her Three Daughters, Porsche Macan 2019 Price, Dead Radio City, Acer Xf240q, The Revolution Will Not Be Televised Meaning, Watch The Adventures Of Tintin Onlinedr Seuss 5000 Fingers Of Dr T Very Atomic, Msi Optix Mag241c Vesa Mount, Brooke Valentine Baby, Lg 49wl95c-w Vs Samsung Crg9, Ucl Mba Review, Zach Mcgowan The 100, Asus Tuf Gaming Laptop Fx505, I Can Fly Lyrics Zayn, We'll Gather Lilacs In The Spring Again Lyrics, Aboki Exchange Rate Of Pounds In Nigeria Today, Asus Mb168b Portable Monitor Troubleshooting, Ferrari 458 Gta 5 Online, Cassava Fufu Powder, Solzhenitsyn Putin, Is The Best Of Me On Hulu, Angels In Disguise (1949), 13th Amendment Significance, Jeep Wrangler 392, Zeppelin Asset, John Robertson (comedian Wiki), Jack London Life, Aoc Hero, Nicholas Brendon - Imdb, Disneyland Hotel Prices, If We Shadows Have Offended Dead Poets Society, Illustrator Glass Surface, 2021 Lexus Lc 500 Convertible, Best Year For Lexus Rx330, Robert Hayes Taskus, Outlawz Members, F2 Rocket League Roster,

השאר תגובה

המייל שלך לא יפורסם אל דאגה

אתר זה עושה שימוש באקיזמט למניעת הודעות זבל. לחצו כאן כדי ללמוד איך נתוני התגובה שלכם מעובדים.