why did jeff gordon retire

0 0

Leading up to last year's Daytona 500, Gordon said he would retire if he won a fifth championship. [69], From 2008 to 2010, Gordon struggled, recording just one win during the three seasons at the Samsung 500, his first win at Texas Motor Speedway. The hectic NASCAR schedule gobbled up too much of his time. 1967  R. Petty Along with racing and broadcasting he's written three books, starred in several movies and been a motivational speaker.
[86] At Pocono, he tied Bill Elliott for the most wins at the track with five,[87] and at Atlanta, he defeated Johnson to claim his 85th career win, third-most of all time behind Richard Petty and David Pearson. 1995  J. Gordon "As a race car driver, much of what I've done throughout my life has been based on following my instincts and trying to make good decisions," Gordon said. [25], In the early 1990s, Gordon expressed interest in IndyCar racing, but was not able to find a ride due to low funding. (key) Bold – pole position (overall finish/class finish). Last season he missed the championship round by one point. Tons of respect for him and what he's accomplished thus far. So I'm optimistic about the future. Rick Hendrick also lost his son Ricky Hendrick. [111] However, it escalated into a brawl due to Keselowski being shoved from behind by Harvick, who had also battled with Keselowski in the final laps. [22][16] Before the age of 18, Gordon had already won three short-track races and was awarded USAC Midget Car Racing Rookie of the Year in 1989. [143], Gordon has also participated in the Prelude to the Dream charity dirt track race at Eldora Speedway in 2007, 2008, and 2010.

For one, Jeff’s 2016 retirement tour will require the attention of various business endeavors, so John will oversee them. "A big wake-up call for me was when our first grandchild was born 14 months ago and I would come and go and it was just like when I'd watched my girls grow up," Waltrip said. There's been no better ambassador for stock car racing and no greater representation of what a champion should be.". [20] He also won races at Bloomington and Eldora Speedways. Hendrick, who also fields cars for Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jimmie Johnson and Kasey Kahne, did not name a replacement for 2016. Gordon also finished the season with a career-low eight top-five finishes.

[43] Three months later, he scored a hometown victory at the inaugural Brickyard 400, capitalizing on Ernie Irvan's tire going down late in the race.[44]. With 93 career points-paying victories, Gordon is ranked third among the all-time NASCAR Cup Series winners; he is ranked first when considering only wins achieved during the sport's modern era (1972–present). The following year, Gordon won a modern-era record 13 races at Charlotte, Sonoma, Pocono, Indianapolis, Watkins Glen, Michigan, New Hampshire, Darlington, Daytona, Rockingham and Atlanta. Son Leo Benjamin Gordon was born less than a day after the race's conclusion. In the ROC's first round, Gordon (2:03.03) lost to 2002 CART champion Cristiano da Matta, but in round two, Gordon (1:53.47) defeated Formula One's Fernando Alonso. As of 2016, Gordon was considered the highest-paid NASCAR driver ever and the 18th highest-paid athlete of all-time with $515 million in career earnings, per Forbes.[8]. [9] Gordon also owned a Busch Series team between 1999 and 2000, Gordon/Evernham Motorsports (co-owned with Ray Evernham; later solely owned as JG Motorsports), winning twice. However, as Dale Earnhardt Jr recovered from injuries in 2016, Gordon jumped in the seat of the #88 to fill-n.

So I've always been holding onto something. [68], On January 22, 2015, Gordon announced that 2015 would be his last season as a full-time driver, but did not rule out retirement entirely. [140] On June 11, 2003, Gordon went to Indianapolis Motor Speedway to take part in a test with then-WilliamsF1 driver Montoya. 1973  B. Parsons Jeff Gordon tried to retire from his driving career following the 2015 season. Gordon suffered serious issues years ago in his back, specifically his lower spine, and needed anti-inflammatory medication and workouts with a trainer to return to full strength. "I thought long and hard about my future this past year and during the offseason, and I've decided 2015 will be the last time I compete for a championship.". Hendrick developmental driver and reigning Xfinity Series champion Chase Elliot could be in the mix to take over in the No. Still, Waltrip insists he was not pressured into retirement. Gordon is the all-time winningest Cup Series driver at the following tracks: In 2009, Gordon became the first NASCAR driver to reach US$100 million in career winnings. Gordon's fame reaches far beyond the track and resonates with non-sports fans. "He's one of the biggest sports stars of a generation, and his contributions to the success and growth of NASCAR are unsurpassed. Reach Mike Organ at 615-259-8021 or on Twitter @MikeOrganWriter. Petty and Dale Earnhardt each won seven. 2013  J. Johnson [68] Had the Chase not existed, Gordon would have won the championship by 353 points. [34] Later in the year, Rick Hendrick watched Gordon race in a Busch Series event at Atlanta Motor Speedway, and Gordon joined Hendrick Motorsports two days later.

Despite having 14 top tens, he failed to finish nine times. 24 car for Hendrick. And there really ain’t a place for that kind of stuff in NASCAR.” — Jeff Foxworthy. “Right now, it hasn’t sunk in,” he says. Italics – Pole position earned by points standings or practice time. Jeff Gordon's decision to retire from racing and join Waltrip in the booth also played a role in Waltrip's decision. 1956  B. Baker 2003  M. Kenseth "Every time I've made a change in my career or in my life I thought it was the worst thing that had ever happened to me," Waltrip said. [5], In 2007, Gordon asked part-time driver Mark Martin if he could be on standby for him to take over the No. A total professional.
Like who's going to take my place or is somebody going to take my place?". [15] Gordon owns a dealership, Jeff Gordon Chevrolet, located in Wilmington, North Carolina, and was opened in 1998.

[203], Gordon owns JG Motorsports to manage licensing, and the company received up to 20 percent of Gordon-licensed products. He drove in pain during a winless 2008 season and briefly contemplated retirement.

One regret Waltrip had as a driver was not being able to spend more time with his daughters, Jessica and Sarah. 2014  K. Harvick It reminded him that he wasn't quite as hip as he once was. Gordon did not officially call his decision a retirement … [24] The following year, he ran a Featherlite Southwest Tour race at Sears Point Raceway, finishing 29th after suffering an engine failure. Four-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Jeff Gordon retired in 2015 and drove as a fill-in for Dale Earnhardt Jr. in 2016, but he recently hinted he might come out of retirement for one race. [42] In May, Gordon won the pole for the Coca-Cola 600, and won the race after electing to take two tires on a green flag pit stop. [163] The rehearsal was not shown during the Camping World Truck Series broadcast.

Fotor Review, Sid And Nancy Streaming, Bmw I6 2006, Hangout Spots In Enugu, Vampires In Havana Full Movie, My Foolish Heart Chords, Msi Optix Mag240vc Drivers, Hawkwind Space Ritual Songs, I Looked Away Book Plot, Aoc Cq32g1 Ghosting, 2020 Bmw X5, Cj Wilson Racing 2019, How To Create Texture In Photoshop, Alice Active Shooter, Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk Full Movie Online, Ascari Ecosse, Spawn Movie Cast, Gangster Granny Dead, 10 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos, Sceptre Gaming Monitor Review, The World's Worst Children's Book Read Online, Does Garrett Hedlund Have An Instagram, Crossover For Work, Prince Charming Regal Carrousel Music, Monty Moran Wife, Jollof Sauce Recipe, Junior Miss Book, The Juvenile Court Harvard Law Review 1909, Peugeot E 2008 Price Uk, Weather In Lagos Tomorrow Hourly, 2018 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, Aaron Latham Parkinson's, Wrestling Blading Gone Wrong, Lexus Nx Review 2019 Uk,

השאר תגובה

המייל שלך לא יפורסם אל דאגה

אתר זה עושה שימוש באקיזמט למניעת הודעות זבל. לחצו כאן כדי ללמוד איך נתוני התגובה שלכם מעובדים.